– The insulation must be installed on or after September 28, 2018.
– The home must be primarily heated with electricity or natural gas provided by BC Hydro, FortisBC, a municipal utility or with piped propane supplied by FortisBC.
– Homes heated with oil or propane must convert to electricity or natural gas before they can access this rebate.
– The insulation must be installed in an eligible home.
– The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
– The insulation must be installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license and in accordance with the BC Standards of Practice Guide for Air Sealing and Insulation Retrofits.
– Eligible insulation types are rolls or batts, blown-in, loose fill, rigid board, and spray foam.
– Pest infestations and rodent tunnels in the insulation must be resolved prior to installation of new insulation.
– A minimum rebate value of $500 is required for each insulation location to be eligible for either the Two Upgrade Bonus or Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
1 – Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility, the upgrade requirements, and the documentation requirements.
2 – Have your insulation installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license.
3 – Once your upgrades are installed, applications can be submitted to BC Hydro once work has been completed and paid for in full. Please let us know at the time of booking that you are interested in taking advantage of the current rebate program so we can prepare your invoice according to the necessary requirements.
We will include all necessary upgrade information on the invoice itself, taking the guess work out of the mix for you!
– The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
– The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted after the second bonus-eligible upgrade is installed, and within 18 monthsof the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
– The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, and after your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
– Learn more about insulation upgrades by reading our insulation FAQs.
– If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, check out our FAQ “What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?”
– Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
– Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.